Changes for Vietnam 1.06
- Note: this update has support for the Alternate Graphics option in the Settings Menu.
- Added Weapons Off option under View Menu to hide discarded weapons on the map.
- Fix for documentaton regarding wire cutters and mine clearing weapons to reflect the change that these weapons are now "fired" in their own hex to attempt to clear obstacles and mines.
- Added a black bar on left side of counter for crews with heavy weapons.
- Added a black bar on the top side of the counter for crews with engineering weapons (mine clearing or wire clearing).
- Added showing of enemy fire losses for units in the open.
- Added ability to specify multiple sets of AI orders in a scenario.
- Added new Capture victory point feature.
- Added Stun Weapon feature.
- Added weapon timer feature that allows specified weapons to use a timer and detonate automatically when the timer reaches 0.
- Added an Armor Assault Modifier for vehicles assaulting infantry in Clear hexes.
- Added ability to move columns of units by holding down the Alt key when moving.
- Added Political Officers (see Leaders Section of Users Manual).
- Added Cratered movement cost and protection values.
- Terrain height in Destroyed hexes is half normal and Destroyed hexes prevent road movement into them.
- Change so that Demolition and Clearing load effects only affect target hex when applied to Indirect Fire loads.
- Fix for Bunker/Pillbox facing limitation and helicopter spotting bugs.
- Added option for using alternate graphics when installed (see Options Menu).
- Change so that Protection value reported in Hex Info area includes any hexside features such as Gully or Stream.
- Added a probability to Withdrawals.
- Added a "Hull Down" feature for vehicles which can be added in the scenario editor and which results in 1/2 fire against those vehicles when firing on the vehicles from the front and from the ground.
- Fix for some screensavers causing game to go blank.
- Added ability for Objectives to be defined as Collateral with points awarded for enemy fire into those hexes.
- Added reliability 'X' for loads, weapons, and vehicles.
- (Editor) Added ability to specify alternative arrival hexes for reinforcements.
- (OB Editor) Added ability to define Teams as part of a Squad organization.
- (Database Editor) Added ability to list unused loads and vehicle weapons (see File Menu).
Changes for Vietnam 1.05
- Added definition of "Covered Terrain" which increases the probability that Vehicles assaulting into that terrain become Immobile as a result.
Covered Terrain is noted in the Terrain Info box with the "C" designation.
- Added ability to create scenarios having Breastwork defenses (see Hex Menu under Scenario Editor).
- Added ability for Demolition loads to destroy Railroads and Bridges (see Demolition Weapons under Weapon Types in the Users Manual).
- Change so that Immobile Vehicles do not have an inherent assault value.
- Added ability for heavy weapons to be Setup, increasing their effectiveness (see Firing in the Users Manual).
- Added ability to define A/I Firing Scripts (see Scenario Editor help file).
- Added Quality Loss Mod optional rule (see Combat Results section of Users Manual).
- Added Rest parameter data value that allows recovery of effectiveness for inactive units.
- Added ability to flag vehicles as capable of making smoke and added the ability for these vehicles to make smoke while moving. See the Command Menu of the Main Program and the Movement section of the Users Manual.
- Added new Body Armor feature (see OB Editor and Main Program under Firing).
- Added Unknown Objective flag resulting in Hidden, Escape, and Cache types (see Objectives in Quick Overview in Users Manual).
- Change so that Detection devices do not lose effectiveness.
- Added ability to define artillery-delivered mines.
- Added chemical loads, gas masks, and gas launchers (see Firing and Weapon Types in Users Manual).
- Added ability to define "random" support not under the control of the player (see Scenario Editor and Users Manual).
- Added new Database and Parameter Data Editors.
- Added ability to create scenarios that use Asymmetric Scoring (see Scoring in the Quick Overview section of the Users Manual).
- Added new Alternate Fire Density Optional Rule.
- Fix for Vista scrolling problem.
- (Scn) Modified Hue-5 scenario to incorporate new gas rules and body armor.
- (Database) Adjustment to lethality of medium machine guns (tripod mounted).
Changes for Vietnam 1.04
- Added Plus sign to 2D icon of vehicles carrying passengers.
- Fix for dropping single weapon causing all to be dropped.
- Added Flame Mines (see Movement section of Users Manual).
- Added Engineer Bridges to possible vehicle types (see Movement section in Users Manual).
- Added Ask Before Unloading/Dropping option under Settings Menu to avoid accidental unloading or dropping.
- Added ability for radios to be designated as Setup thus reducing scatter of support called from those radios (see Support section of Users Manual).
- Added Fast A/I Processing Option under A/I Menu equivalent to the F8 hot key with sound effects turned off.
- Change to prevent crew-served weapons from being fired from Shallow Water hexes.
- Added Protection Value to reinforcement entry in Arrived Dialog.
- Change to Assault Effects of 1/4 for Pinned and 1/8 for Broken.
- Added ability to assign a Facing to a Bunker, Pillbox, or Cave hex (see Firing section of Users Manual).
- Change so that Vehicles receive no protection from enemy fortifications (Instead of half protection from Improved Positions and Trenches).
- Change so that using Demolition Weapons against Vehicles causes a check for Immobile status.
- Added a high HE Immobilization Effect that allows large caliber guns and large bombs to cause Immobilization of vehicles (see Firing section of Users Manual).
- Change so that Sniper Fire from Disrupted, Pinned, or Demoralized crews losses its special effects.
- (Scenario Editor) Added E and F hot keys for increasing and decreasing Effectiveness of selected units.
Changes for Vietnam 1.03a
- Fix for flying helicopter becoming Vulnerable when crossing Hedge Row.
Changes for Vietnam 1.03
- Changed Terrain Box display so that the height of the terrain and its protection are both displayed (see Hex Info Area in Main Program Manual).
- Addition of Pinning effect associated with Sniper Fire and Demolition Charges (See Users Manual under Weapon Types).
- Added feature to OB Editor to randomize unit pictures.
- Added Star to Leader picture on 2D map counter.
- Changed facing armor modifier to 150% from 125%.
- Added Select Single-Use option to control whether Single-Use Weapons are selected by default (see Settings Menu in Main Program).
- Added Variable Ending Optional Rule which allows a scenario to be played a variable number of turns past the designated ending.
- Change so that sniper fire does not affect vehicles (unless Vehicle-Only load is being fired).
- Change so that indirect fire into smoke is not reduced.
- Increased the vulnerability of Trucks and other low armor vehicles to assaults. See Assaults in Users Manual for more details.
- Added a morale check when infantry attempts to assault a Hard Vehicle
(see Assaults section of Users Manual).
- Infantry in City and Industrial hexes are now vulnerable to the fire of Vehicle-Only loads. This is in addition to being vulnerable in Bunkers and Pillboxes.
- Fix for ownership bug caused by enemy wreck in hex.
- Added leader voices for Rally attempts.
- Added Grappling markers which allow units to cross Cliff hexsides
(see Movement section of Users Manual).
Changes for Vietnam 1.02
- Additional fixes to overcarrying problems.
- Added new Hold Fire state which supresses Op Fire during enemy turn.
- Added Vehicle Barriers in addition to Obstacles.
- In Scenario Editor, added To Top and To Bottom toolbar buttons.
- Added ability to create Cave Fortifications
- Added Tunnel Movement ability between Cave hexes.
- Added ability to give A/I Orders to individual units.
- Added ability to associated a sound file with a scenario for use in the File Selection Dialog.
- Added ability to shade Command Radius in both scenario editor and main program.
- Added ability in Scenario Editor to specify that Support is to be Available on first turn of scenario.
- Added ability to fire smoke in specified scenarios.
- Added ability to fire illumination using specified weapons and loads.
Added hotkey "I" for displaying illuminated hexes.
- Added new "Capture" Objectives, which award points when first occupied by enemy side, but do not have to be occupied afterwards and cannot change back to original owner.
- Increased the Effectiveness loss of Vehicles and modified the kill procedure for non-amphibious naval vehicles.
- Change to Vehicle Penetration calculation for armor piercing loads.
- Change so that fire against Immobile Vehicles is doubled.
- Added Vehicle Fire Over Optional Rule that allows Vehicles to fire over On Ground infantry units of the same side.
- Added ability in OB editor to define Heroic Leaders with A+ quality.
- Added ability for ground vehicles to carry external riders.
- Added autoscroll feature to Unit List so that scrolling occurs when the mouse button is held down on a scroll arrow.
- (Pdt) Change for movement cost in water from 3 to 6 MP.
- (Pdt) Increased assault value of vehicles.
Changes for Vietnam 1.01
- Addition of Ropes and Ladders to allow units to unload from helicopters not on the ground.
- Change so that Vehicles with on-board Radios can call Support.
- Change so that Helicopter Support does not scatter from target hex.
- Added ability to select NATO symbols on infantry unit counters.
- Fix for missing Introduction option in Settings menu.
- Fix for crash caused by trying to drop unmanned weapons.
- Fix for bug that caused wrecks and immobile vehicles to be withdrawn.
- Added additional hot keys:
A - open Support Dialog.
C - shade reachable hexes.
G - highlight potential target units.
M - open Arrived Dialog.
N - next stack that hasn't moved.
Cntl-N - next stack that can fire.
V - display Company Markings.
- Added commands in Scenario Editor for toggling Disruption, Pinned, and Demoralized.
- Change so that the cost to pick up a weapon is 1/3 movement allowance.
- Fixed bug that allowed squads to carry more weapons than allowed.
- Changed User Manual hot key from F5 to F9 to avoid conflict with AI speed hot key.
- Removed restriction that Artillery crews cannot fire in Ground mode.
- Fix for assaults not costing weapons 1/3 fire ability.
- Fix for Reachable Hexes display problem caused by abandoned enemy weapons.
- Under FOW, Fixed enemy units are not shown as such.
- Added Setting option for Alternative Label Style.
- Fix for PBEM replay/no-replay causing started variation.
- Fix for spotting of enemy Obstacles.
- Added beep when chat message is shown in on-line play.
- Fix for double Leader victory loss in assaults.
- Change so that File/New and File/Open will stop AI processing.
- Fix for spotting problem that highlighted units spotted by unseen enemy units.
- (scn) Fix for "overstrength" Dusters in Con Thien scenario.
- (dat) Added A-4 Skyhawk, Swift PCF Boat, Yabuta Boat, CH-47 w/Ladder, UH-1 Huey w/Rope, M-110, and Australian M-113 to vehicle database.
- (dat) Added Baretta SMG, K-50M, and SVD rifle to weapon database.
- (dat) Reduced lethality of Ontos and RPG-7.
- (dat) Increased penetration of L1A1 and M-14 while lowering lethality of L1A1.
- (dat) Lowered reliability of Type 56-1 rifle.
- (pdt) Change so that wheeled vehicles cannot cross Hedge Row hexsides.
- (doc) Correction to documentation about Tracer length in Firing Section of Users Manual.
- (doc) Fix to documentation in Scenario Editor about Triggered Releases.
__________________ More patches are available here: http://www.patches-scrolls.de
YES, Dexter, I CAN read your thoughts.
And I AM smarter than you.